Embrace by Cherie Colyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I enjoyed reading this book. The writing was clean and smooth, and I looked forward to returning to it each time I left it.
I don't normally read Paranormal Romance, but I enjoyed this story. If you're a fan of Twilight, I'm sure you'll enjoy EMBRACE. There are NO vampires, but there are similar themes as found in the Twilight series.
Here's what I loved about the book:
1. The writing was smooth.
2. The plot kept me guessing. I was pretty sure I'd figured out who the "bad guy" was, but I didn't know for sure until the climax.
3. Very clean. No sex (lots of kissing). No swearing. No violence (except for a tiny bit in the climax).
4. I'm excited that there's a sequel. I look forward to reading it!
The only reasons I didn't give it five stars were:
1. The main characters kissed too soon for me (but keep in mind, I'm not a "romance" kind of girl).
2. A lot of the events in the book happened to secondary characters rather than to the main character.
3. The climax wasn't scary enough for me (but keep in mind, I read a lot of Dean Koontz ... so I don't scare very easily).
If you love the young adult genre, and more importantly paranormal romance, you'll love this book.
What are you reading this weekend?
View all my reviews