It's great fun to pop around to other writers' sites and read their posts for the month. You can hop around, too! Check out the full list of participants by clicking here.
This month's question: What are five objects we'd find in your writing space?
My answer: Glancing around at my space, here are the first five things you'd notice:
1. Two monitors - this helps me SO MUCH with the writing process. When researching, I can have data up on one monitor while I'm writing on the other. When revising, I can have notes from a critique partner up on one monitor while I'm making changes to my manuscript on the other.
2. Notepads - I love notepads, and I utilize lists, but I tend to make lists by subject. As a result, I have multiple notepads surrounding me with writing lists, housekeeping lists, shopping lists, etc.
3. Eye glasses - rather than getting one pair of prescription eye glasses, I have tons of "readers." They're less expensive and more fun, but I have three pairs within reach right now. I think they're mating and reproducing somehow.
4. Post-it notes - I use these to make more lists and leave myself reminders about everything.
5. Story binder - my three ring binder contains pages and pages of notes regarding my current project, with sections on character details, plot details, and research notes.
How about you? What are five objects we'd find in your writing space?