Hey - blog silence the last several days. I was out of town, enjoying a fantastic retreat in McCall, Idaho.
I'm an observer of human nature (as previously mentioned). So, of course, all weekend I observed people's body language, word choice, and actions. I often wonder what makes people tick, but I also wonder what makes one person generous and another selfish.
Between these thoughts and thoughts about taking my mother in tomorrow for her bone marrow biopsy, are more thoughts (ha). I am pondering the people in my life. Here are the questions I'm asking:
1. Who are the people in my life that I'd miss and I'd be sad if they died tomorrow?
2. Who are the people that I give the most time/energy to in my life?
3. Does the second list match the first list?
So, today (as soon as I'm done with this post) I'm going to:
1. Make a list of the most important people in my life. (for example: Rachel Thompson)
2. Think of something kind I can do for each person. (for example: take Rachel a jar of salsa, maybe with a bag of tortilla chips)
3. Post this list in a visible place so that I can remember to acknowledge these people in my life.
Recently I heard a speaker comment, "Being grateful but not saying thanks is like wrapping a Christmas present but never giving it." We need to let the important people in our lives know how we feel about them.
**stepping off soap box now**
Who is someone important in your life? What act of kindness can you do for them today?