I love love love getting awards! More importantly, I love that you've taken the time to stop by the blog, read, and comment... *blushes* ... drumroll please ... OH -- and be sure to read ALL the way to the bottom (this morphed into a super long post - eek!) where I "unveil" a brand new blog award. Can you say, "WAHOO!!!" ??
Check out her blog here! and a big thanks to Summer who recently hosted a fun blogfest! Check out her blog here!
To accept this award, I must:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. (done!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself. (okay, okay, see below!)
3. Pass the award on to ten (Margo's rules) or fifteen (Summer's rules) newly discovered bloggers and let them know. (the fun part! see below!)
Ten things you're dying (of boredom?) to know about me:
1. Family is the most important thing to me. I have three teenagers and one husband (whew!) and a wonderful dog.
2. I work with wonderful teenagers in the youth program at our church.
3. On the 11th day of the year 2011, I sent out eleven query letters.
4. I do *not* enjoy housework, and I fantasize about having a maid.
5. I have been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for almost 13 years. Click here to see my SU! website.
6. I occasionally work at the Quilt Crossing in Boise, Idaho, selling Bernina sewing machines.
7. I love food. YUM! Well... except for shell fish - I've never really cared for those!
I am passing this award along to the following ten bloggers (YAY!) - check out their sites:
And, a giant THANK YOU to Patricia Timms (love her profile picture!) Check out her blog here!
The requirements for the Life is Good Award:
1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave the award. (done!)
2. Answer the 10 survey questions. (blech - but done - below)
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic. (see below)
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award. (done!)
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you are not anonymous, do you wish that you had started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now? Not anonymous and don’t’ wish I would’ve started that way. Truth.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side. I’m still sending query letters. If that isn’t stubborn, I don’t know what is. I’m determined to be a published author.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror? A chubby aging momma, with a lot of spunk and joy.
4. What is your favorite summer cold drink? lemonade
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? What is that?
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it? Be a traditionally published author.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching? Overachiever. Still am.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
Wedding day. Love my guy. Still. After 22 years.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events? Easy.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?Read a book – no question. It’s much more fun.
And now... here is the brand-new-created-by-Margo-but-inspired-by-you-all-AWARD...
Okay, now Melissa and PK - - loved loved loved your writerly award ideas, and I would still love to do that one also... but on another day... I'm almost award-ed out for now. If you create it first - - let me know!! Otherwise, let's get it done next!
So, the RULES for this ELECTROPOSITIVE AWARD are:
1. You must post it on your blog and link back to the award-giver.
2. You must pass the award on to at least one other blogger (preferably more) AND note on your blog post why the award winner's blog makes you smile.
3. Be sure to link to the award winning blogs in your post.
4. Tell the award winners they've won the award by commenting on their blog!
Let's get started! The first ever recipients of this award are:
1. http://tcmckeewriter.blogspot.com/ - - hey her blog makes me laugh, but mostly, she's getting this award because she came up with the idea!! YAY! Thanks.
2. http://summersvoice.blogspot.com/ - - a blog with fun pictures and great ideas - I loved her recent blogfest! Thanks!
3. http://www.melissaddean.com/ - - I LOVE Melissa!! She is a great critique partner, and her blog posts make me want to be a better writer!
4. http://pk-hrezo.blogspot.com/ - - PK is uber-smart and I love the pictures on her blog - - they make me smile! THANKS!
So... what do you think? Do you like the new Electropositive Blog Award? :-) Have you ever created a blog award?