Wednesday, January 4, 2012
IWSG: Appearing Foolish & Weak
According to the purpose of the group: "Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak."
After my FAFSA goof up yesterday, I am certainly feeling foolish.
And, here's 2012 ... yay ... right?
Here are my doubts and concerns:
1. What if my house is never clean?
2. What if I should just trash my current revision project, even though I love it?
3. What if my children need therapy and blame me for all of their problems?
4. What if I can never lose weight?
5. What if I can't master grammar rules? Or improve my plot designs?
Again *sigh* ... really ... this doesn't make me appear foolish or weak?
Well, if I resign to do something about those doubts and concerns, maybe not.
Solutions (numbers correspond to list above):
1. Hire a cleaning service and/or close doors to dirty rooms.
2. Try out new revision strategies on WIP and find new beta reader.
3. Eat more chocolate.
4. Eat more chocolate and wear bigger pajamas.
5. Read more books. Write more stories.
YAY! 2012! A new year with new possibilites.
It's all good.
Labels: Insecure Writer's Support Group