I've recently been tagged by the following wonderful bloggers:
C. Lee McKenzie
Official rules of this tag:1. Post the rules
2. Answer the questions and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you've tagged. (see below)
3. Tag 11 people and link to them. (see below)
4. Let them know you've tagged them.
Leslie's and Lee'sTag Q and A:
1. What's the best part of reading a book you love? Suspense and the need to turn the page.2. What book(s) have stayed in your head? WINTERGIRLS, DUFF, THE HUSBAND, STILL ALICE ... just to name a few
3. If you could write one book only, what would the main character be like? Strong female
4. What book(s) do you love to read to your kids? I dont' read books to my kids anymore. They are 15, 17, and 18 years-old. :)
5. Do you ever read books aloud to others? We read the scriptures aloud every morning as a family.
6. Do you like discussing books with others? LOVE discussing books with others!!
7. If you hate a book, do you keep reading anyway or put it away? It depends upon why I hate it. If the writing is terrible, I will probably put it down. Why waste my time? We have limited hours in the day and SO MANY great books to read. One great author (can't remember who) said he didn't care if people liked his book; he just wanted them to finish reading it.
8. What kind of books do you like best? Sci-fi, Realistic, Historical Fiction, Biography, other. Horror9. Are you transitioning into the digital age with a Kindle or a Nook or a I-Pad? Or are you sticking with those hard copies? Do you mix it up? I'm still a hard copy girl, but I am beginning to see some of the benefits of the Kindle.
10. How much do covers influence your buying a book? I am a sucker for a great cover.
11. Any new books you'd recommend? Top of my list for recommendations right now is STILL ALICE, but it's been around for a few years.
- Wine or beer? Neither
- Mountains or the beach? Oh! Don't make me choose! ... Mountains in the summer (Idaho) and beach in the winter (Hawaii)!! haha.
- What is your ideal writing spot? In front of the computer in my home office.
- What intrigues you more developing character or developing plot? Plot.
- Who is your favorite “beach read” author? Janet Evanovich
- What is your favorite animal? Dog
- Do you like music when you write or silence or something else? Depends upon the plot and the characters.
- What genres do you write? YA, Suspense, Sci-Fi
- Do you cross genres in your writing? Yes
- If the dream agent walked in one day with the dream deal on your latest novel, how would you react? *sigh* a LONG sigh
- You’ve got your book deal, what’s your personal marketing plan? uh ... one step at a time. Let's get the deal first! :)
1. Coffee or tea? Neither
2. What was the first story you can remember writing? Roller Skates in elementary school
3. What TV show, video game, movie would you recommend to other writers? LOST
4. What time of day are you most productive? Morning
5. Green or black olives? Black
6. What was your first car? Renault Encore
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolate and reading
8. Are you a fan of footie pajamas? No
9. What's something you didn't think you'd like that you did/do? Hmm. Interesting question. Maybe: GARDENING
10. Favorite salad dressing? Ceasar
11. What is your most embarrassing nickname? (Or, just any nickname. You don't have to give an embarrassing one.) Mergo the Magnificent. :) from elementary school
1) Do you prefer camping or hotels? camping in the summer Idaho mountains ... five star hotels in the Idaho winters. :)
2) Airplane or car and why? First class airplane (yes, I'm dreaming)
3) Who is your least favorite political figure and why..using only policy related answers..nothing personal. My least favorite political figure is the citizen who complains but refuses to vote.
4) What was the last movie you saw in the theatre and who where you with? BIG MIRACLE ... with my family
5) What are you reading now? BOURNE SANCTION
6) Big dogs, little dogs or no dogs? I have a BIG dog and a SMALL dog.
7) Have you been invited to pinterest and have you pinned? Nope
8) Baseball fan? If so who is your team? Only a fan when my son played.
9) Is there a character from a horror film that scared you..still scares you when you think about them? Not really
10) Are you a Facebook commenter or Stalker? Haven't had time lately
11) Are you a morning person or night person? Night by choice, morning by necessity
And, finally, I was tagged by the awesome Kerri Cuevas back in September (I was distracted that month) and totally failed to acknowledge her. SORRY!! Here's the cute icon for her tag:
Now, the "Tag You're It!" comes with responsibilities:
1. List 10 things about yourself (see my answers above! ha!)
2. Tag 10 other bloggers (see list below)
So, for these awesome bloggers, please choose either of the tag icons, and then on your blog, simply tell us ten interesting things about yourself. Thanks!
Oh, and one more interesting thing about me? Today is my birthday! Happy birthday to me! :)