Sunday, April 1, 2012
A to Z Challenge Begins!!
I recently (okay ... like two months ago) received an award from a fellow blogger Christi Corbett:
But, with this award comes responsibilities:
1.Thank the person who nominated you
2. Share 7 random things about you (see below)
3. Share the love with your favorite bloggers (see below)
4. Put up the Versatile Blogger Award picture on your blog
And, I received an award from blogger Connie Keller and from Leslie Rose:
Thanks Connie and Leslie!
But, also, with this award comes responsibilities:
1. Share ten things about myself (see below)
2. Pass the award onto six other bloggers (see below)
And, I received the Sunshine Award from Kathleen Doyle:
But, again, with this award comes responsibilities:
1. Write a blog post about it with answers to questions (okay, I'm cheating on this one, and just going with the ten things about myself listed below!)
2. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award (see list below)
And, embarrassingly enough, back in September (I was distracted that month!) the wonderful Christine Tyler gave me:
So, let's tackle these things all at once! I'm combining the "responsibilities" for these awards, because really, who wants to know so much trivia about me?
Ten random things about me:
1. I have one teenage daughter who is very active in everything.
2. I have two boys graduating from high school this year. YIKES.
3. I have three old-used-cars ... but no car payments!
4. I have four wonderful ladies who come and clean my house every two weeks ... because my wonderful brother pays for them to do this. His gift to me.
5. I have five days a week that we get up at 6am and read scriptures together as a family. Nobody likes it, but we do it anyway, because it's good for us, and it's the only time we are all home at the same time.
6. I have six ... hmm ... what do I have six of? Maybe pairs of earrings - total - not a big fan of jewelry.
7. I have seven favorite foods: chocolate, pizza, chips, cookies, bread, cinnamon rolls, kettle corn, and ... oh wait ... okay, I have a lot more than seven favorites!!
8. I have eight years of flute playing experience (5th-12th grades).
9. I have been on nine cruises: Southern Carribean, Alaska, Bermuda, Hawaii, Western Carribean, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera, Bermuda (again), and Alaska (again). All expenses were paid (even gratuities) by Stampin' Up!
10. In less than ten years, I will have three colleges graduates (fingers crossed) and maybe I'll even be a grandma (no rush!). haha
People I'd like to pass the first two awards on to (click on their names to visit their blog and give them a shout out!!) AND, for those of you listed here, you may choose either the Versatile Blogger Award OR the Kreativ Blogger Award:
And, the following ten bloggers (click on their names to visit them!) may either choose the SUNSHINE AWARD or BLOG ON FIRE AWARD ... YAY!:
The Golden Eagle
I know you already have a lot of blogs to visit today because of the A to Z Challenge, but take a second and visit the ones listed above and congratulate them! :-)
Happy April 1st!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Well done on the many awards and good luck with the rest of the A to Z Challenge.ReplyDelete
What a clever way to acknowledge all your awards :-)ReplyDelete
Hi there Margot! Congrats on all your awards. Was lovely reading more about you. Thank you for passing one onto me, but I have both, so thanks heaps anyway!!!!ReplyDelete
Wow! That's a truckload of awards! Congrats! And I LOVE your #5! I get up to do that, but the whole family?! You're awesome. :)ReplyDelete
Congrats on the well deserved awards and also on a wonderful first Challenge post.ReplyDelete
Good luck with the next 25 posts.
HA! Great way to start off the challenge. Congrats on all the awards.ReplyDelete
Congrats on the awards. Nine cruises? That's a lot, but I love them so I can see why people go so often.ReplyDelete
Congrats to the award winners! And very clever way to start the challenge. I look forward to reading what else you come up with.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing. Have fun in the challenge.ReplyDelete
Margo, what a great idea combining the awards! It is sometimes hard to get to these so love it. Fun to read your random things and learn more about you. Happy A-Zing!ReplyDelete
Congrats on all your awards, Margo! Thanks for passing one on to me! :) I like the way you listed the ten things about you. Very clever!!ReplyDelete
Happy A to Z and have a great day!!
Nice way of combining the awards and the 'responsibilities!ReplyDelete
I also do No.5 - but on my own, before the rest of the house is awake! I like my 1:1 time, before the day really starts! ;-)
SueH I refuse to go quietly!
Congratulations on the awards.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your awards!ReplyDelete
welcome to me
Lovely awards. Excellent way to start off the A-Z.ReplyDelete
Congratulations and what a great way to kick off the challenge! Loved how you listed the ten random things.ReplyDelete
Hey Margo! Congrats on the awards! And there's a lot to be said for no car payments! I'll drive my minivan into the ground as long as it runs and has AC. :)ReplyDelete
Great list and a super start to the blogging challenge. How much space would it take to see all my blogging awards I wonder? There, did you see them inbetween the r and the ?ReplyDelete
Rhia #873 on A to Z blogging
Great list, and man do we have a lot in common! Thanks for the kick in the butt on Friday. Will be in contact!ReplyDelete
your A is greatReplyDelete
do check my GAC a-z
Hi Margo! Didn't realize you were A-Z-ing too this year. Hooray for the madness!ReplyDelete
A-Z @ Elizabeth Twist
Congrats, and thanks for sharing the blogs. I've got some readin' to do now!ReplyDelete
Congrats! It is so nice to be recognized, isn't it?!ReplyDelete
Congrats on all the awesome awards! It was fun to learn so many new things about you.ReplyDelete
Congrats on all the awards! And thanks for the mention.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for the award! :-)ReplyDelete
Awesome!!! You are so fabulous and wonderful, thank you so much!ReplyDelete
(my creative writing blog)
Wahoo! I don't have the sunshine one yet, thanks so much! Off to check out other bloggers :)ReplyDelete
those are some great facts, 2 graduating at once? amazing! and 9 cruises!? ive never done one!ReplyDelete
thanks for awarding me =)
Thanks Margo. I would love to have someone clean my house although my place is small so there really wouldn't be a point.ReplyDelete
Ahh! I want your brother! LOL! And omg. We used to do that 6 a.m. Bible-reading thing when I was in HS. My mom read a Proverb for whatever day of the month it was. I swear, my brother and I can quote them at the drop of a hat---LOL! I guess I'll be on FIRE since I've already done that sunshine one. THANKS, Margo! You are too sweet. Muwah! <3ReplyDelete
Thanks! A for awards, great way to kick off the A to Z.ReplyDelete
Congrats for all of the well-deserved awards, Margo. And thank you of thinking of me. I'm honored :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the award, Margo!ReplyDelete
Thanks for the shout out and congrats on all you accolades.ReplyDelete
Thank you Margo! Wow, what a shed load of awards - thank you for putting me in such great company xReplyDelete
Thank you so much for the award! :)ReplyDelete
Great way to kick off A-Z - with awards all around! Cheers!ReplyDelete