[This is a simultaneous post with the UncommonYA Blog. If you've not yet checked it out ... hop on over there, because it is an AWESOME resource for writers, readers, educators, and more!]
10 Tips for Better Blogging:
1. Blog Because You WANT to: If you only write blog posts because you want followers, you may be sorely disappointed. If you hate the idea of blogging, don’t do it.
2. Write Posts that Interest You: Followers will more naturally find you if you’re sharing content that matters to you. Sincerity is valuable.
3. Shorten Your Post Length: Followers tend to visit a lot of blogs, and when there's a LONG post, it slows the process down.
4. Silence the Autoplay Music: It's fine to have a playlist or player, but give your visitors the option to hit play rather than requiring them to hit stop.
5. Eliminate the Word Verification: Do you REALLY need it? It discourages comments and slows down the process.
6. Make Sure Your Page Loads Quickly: If your blog takes forever to load (because of complicated elements) people will close the window and move on to a different blog. Streamline your site to allow the page to load quickly.
7. Post Regularly: You define how often, but when someone visits your blog and you haven't posted in two months - - what's the motivation for them to ever return?
8. Promote Your Blog Posts on Social Media: Utilize Twitter, Facebook, and other social platforms to share a teaser about your post.
9. Promote Other Bloggers: When people retweet or share your teaser, be sure to return the favor and promote their blogs, too.
10. Be Kind: Remember the “Golden Rule” and treat others (both in your posts and in your comments) with kindness.
What is your best tip for blogging?