You know ... after Wednesday's post, I don't actually want to jump right back into travelling ... but I'm sure it won't be too long before I forget my phobias *insert hysterical laughing here* and go again.
I never thought I'd be one to enjoy cruising, but through my Stampin' Up! business, I have been blessed to earn many all-expense-paid cruises for myself and my husband. We've travelled to great destinations like Bermuda, Hawaii, Alaska, Grand Cayman, San Juan, Jamaica, and the Panama Canal (just to name a few places!!). We've cruised with many lines including Holland America, Princess, Royal Carribean, Celebrity, and others! And, we've come to learn that cruising is a GREAT way to travel. We are huge fans.
Top 10 tips for first time cruisers:
2. Let the photographers take as many pictures of you as they want. It’s fun to see the prints, and you are not obligated to purchase them. But, it is fun to buy a couple.
3. Attend the different shipboard activities and classes.
4. Tour the spa the first day and enter to win free spa services. And, if you like spa services, keep in mind they are usually discounted on port days. And, if you want to have specific services at specific times, schedule early. Get a pedicure the first day, so you can enjoy your cute toes all week long.
5. Sign up for as many excursions as you can afford. It’s a great way to see the sights and have a blast.
6. Soda and bottled water are not free on the ship (quite expensive actually). So, if you need these, pack them in your suitcase.
7. Before settling into your room, check the bed for bed bugs. I know, YIKES! But, you will save yourself a lot of hassle later if you check first. You can do this by checking the seams of the mattress for the tiny little critters.
8. Feel free to order two entrees at dinner. There’s no extra charge, and why not try some food you’ve never had before?
9. Your room stewards and dining room waiters depend upon your gratuities. So, plan ahead and budget extra money to reward them for excellent service.
10. Remember to relax and have fun.
Have you cruised? Which cruise line is your favorite? Why?